(click ad, via) The ad, for a Swiss newspaper, is a couple of months old, but now's a good time to trot it out. No wonder Jobs resigned; he's been battling a nasty case of internal Moses. Anyway, Sonnstag Zeitung has been using this nesting doll visual device in their advertising for a few years now. Previously, they used it to mock Barack Obama's economic policy, Nicolas Sarkozy's temperament and stature, and George W. Bush's leadership. Ad agency: Advico Y&R, Zurich.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
The Best Ad Critic In The World™ (™ pending), but I'm done as a reviewer, at least full-time. I'm also a damn good copywriter with 20+ years experience in NYC. Hire me for your in-house creative department, and I will help you make better, more interesting, and more effective ads/branded content. Samples/resume available upon request. Salary request is very reasonable.
- Quite possibly, the stupidest beer commercial ever...
- Jersey Shore—the talking pens.
- Buy A Prius, save a Panda!
- European stock photo house mocks America.
- Ad Creatives—is this your life?
- Graffiti Wars getting ugly in Brooklyn.
- The most racially/sexually/religiously-charged...c...
- Copywriting Hall of Fame or Shame, round two.
- Russian bank commercial features rock anthem, sex ...
- Ad people ain't too good at math.