(click ad, via) The ad, for a Swiss newspaper, is a couple of months old, but now's a good time to trot it out. No wonder Jobs resigned; he's been battling a nasty case of internal Moses. Anyway, Sonnstag Zeitung has been using this nesting doll visual device in their advertising for a few years now. Previously, they used it to mock Barack Obama's economic policy, Nicolas Sarkozy's temperament and stature, and George W. Bush's leadership. Ad agency: Advico Y&R, Zurich.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now, I'm The Best Fucking Ad Critic In The World™. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, marketing, social media, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- Quite possibly, the stupidest beer commercial ever...
- Jersey Shore—the talking pens.
- Buy A Prius, save a Panda!
- European stock photo house mocks America.
- Ad Creatives—is this your life?
- Graffiti Wars getting ugly in Brooklyn.
- The most racially/sexually/religiously-charged...c...
- Copywriting Hall of Fame or Shame, round two.
- Russian bank commercial features rock anthem, sex ...
- Ad people ain't too good at math.