Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Using children's stuffed animals in an adult boutique campaign? Maybe not the right way to go.


(click ads via) Yes, along with pussy waxing and lube, sex shop advertising is another one of my depraved beats here on the 'ranter. These adult toy executions, by ad agency TBWA/Frederick, are for the Japi Jane boutique in Santiago, Chile. Unfortunately the cutesy but obvious visual metaphors give me visions of child molesters playing "Pinky the elephant goes hunting for food" with little girls.
Previous sex shop ads: Excellent. Disgusting. Cunnilingus. Cucumber. 
Previous sex toy ads: Yoba vibrating print ads. Gilbert Gottfried for the Fleshlight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Megginson said...

I don't find that one particularly creepy. Maybe you were just more affected by the Gordon Jump "very special" episode of Diff'rent Strokes than I was.

12:20 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Yeah, I'm on the fence about the ads...not on the fence re: Gordon Jump.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Vinnie said...

I think the ads are adorably funny. Sometimes people tend to read way too much into things.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home