Thursday, January 28, 2010

shoes on a platter floating above a naked woman.

(click ad, via) Why do many men's shoe ads include female sexualization (dumb question, I know)? Is it because shoes are long and hard? We've seen a miniaturized Geisha girl shoelace-tied to a dress Oxford. Naked anonymous models holding handmade British footwear, phallically. And busty, dirty little shoe polishers. And here, from the 70s, the most disconnected example via some Wisconsin company called Nunn Bush (still in business!). In my youth, I had a pair similar to the far left shoe. I also had a light blue leisure suit. I'm gonna stop now with the oversharing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow.

Are you sure this is real? It has that Junior Team Book Ad feel to it to me.

Right down to the now-ubiquitous tiny logo in the corner.

2:50 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I assume, because of the vintage, that it's real.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do believe your right. Out of date shoes. Grainly photography.

But damn, I would loved to have been in the room with that was pitched.

"And now Mr. Draper will take you through our creative concepts."

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Bradley said...

Ahhhhhh. Join the light blue leisure suit fucking club. And I thought I was the only one. Thanks for oversharing. BFF.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home