Tuesday, April 07, 2009

New Zealand Army seeks childish shrinks/chefs.


(click ads) Serving in the Kiwi armed forces is all fun and games—wee! Previously, Saatchi & Saatchi NZ used cutesy Tetris imagery in officer recruitment print ads. Now, they've made me long for the days of my only-child youth, setting up bags-full of green US and gray German plastic army men and tanks, and staging epic, illogical, all-day WWII battles in my upstairs bedroom. And with some of these fancy designer toy soldiers, I could have set up behind-the-lines kitchens and, uh, psychiatric offices. Modern warfare is so sophisticated (images via). previously in army recruitment ads: UK army. Swedish army. US army one, two.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I came across it normally, I would have interpreted first one looks like a parody ad from an antiwar group. It looks like the message is that if you join the army, you'll get PTSD and end up mental.

4:38 PM  
Blogger golublog said...

I think people who are pro-military would get all excited by the GI Joesque creations. And those against it will say of course they need a shrink.

4:57 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

The shrink one does make a nice little anti-war installation.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home