Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lies Well Disguised, #5.

Yesterday, I filled up a Starbucks' venti cup with piss on Gawker. Beforehand, I ate LOTS of asparagus. A bit of a tired rant, yes, but on Sunday, the New York Times put the words "Starbucks" and "Aesthetic" together in a headline. I had to do something. (link)

previously in Lies Well Disguised:
4. Deutsch & Binn: The Perfect Douche Storm.
3. NYC Real Estate Advertising Hyperbole.
2. The Bloody Death of Celebrity Endorsements.
1. Advertising Week 2006.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate starbucks. Truly hate it. I always wondered why they sold CDs there. Like you need a fucking soundtrack for your trip to get coffee.

But...what would the Dunk'n Donuts aesthetic be?

10:03 AM  
Blogger RFB said...

Heart's Nancy Wilson....

Beatnik Generation counterculture...

Great piece.

Only time I've had a cup of 'bucks was in an airport where they were the ONLY option. I was confused by the lined up lemmings, ordering their complicated mixtures in eloquent and fluent Buckspeak.

Gotta hand it to 'em; they suckered a bunch of people.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

Look at you on gawker; congratulations. I do miss Jessica though. :( She was funny.

And I still love SBUX. I'll add whatever swill they crank out to my ipod.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home